Saturday, August 20, 2011

Paul's letter to the Phillipian congregation.


Paul and Timothy, slaves of Yeshuwah haMashiyach, to all the qadoshiym in Yeshuwah haMashiyach at Philippi, together with the shepherds and zaqeniym:


Grace and shalom are yours from 'Elohiym, our Father, and the Lord Yeshuwah haMashiyach.


I thank my 'Elohiym every time I think of you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your fellowship in the Gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Yeshuwah haMashiyach.

It is tsdaqah for me to think this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart; for whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the Gospel, all of you share checed with me. 'Elohiym can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Yeshuwah haMashiyach.

And this is my prayer that your checed will abound more and more in da`ath and discernment, so that you can test what is best and will be sincere and of tamiym until the day of the Messiah, having been filled with the fruit of tsdaqah through Yeshuwah haMashiyach – to the glory and praise of 'Elohiym.

Now I want you to know, brothers, that what has happened to me has actually served to advance the Gospel. As a result, it has become clearly revealed throughout the whole Praetorium and to everyone else that I am in chains for the Messiah. Because of my chains, most of the brothers in YHWH have been encouraged to speak the Word more courageously and fearlessly.

It is true that some speak out of envy and for the sake of debate, but others proclaim the Messiah out of goodwill. The former speak of the Messiah out of rivalry, not sincerity, thinking to add to the burden of my chains. The latter do so out of checed, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the Gospel. But what does it matter? 

The important thing is that in every way, whether from in pretense or truth, the Messiah is preached, and in this I rejoice. And I will continue to rejoice!

For I know that through your prayers and the providence of haRuach, through Yeshuwah haMashiyach, what has happened to me will result in my salvation. I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always the Messiah will be exalted in my body, whether by living or by dying. For to me, to live is for the Messiah and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what I prefer I do not know! I am torn! For between the two I desire to depart and be with the Messiah, which is better by far; but it may be more necessary for you that I remain in the body. Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in 'emuwnah, so that through my being with you again your rejoicing in Yeshuwah haMashiyach will overflow on account of me.

Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the Gospel of the Messiah, that, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in one Ruach, contending as of one mind for 'emuwnah in the Gospel, not being frightened in any way by those who oppose you. This is a sign to them that they will be destroyed, but that salvation is yours – and that is from 'Elohiym. For it has been granted to you on behalf of the Messiah not only to put trust in Him, but also to suffer for Him. For you are going through the same agony you saw in me, and now hear that I still have.

If you have any comfort in the Messiah, if any comfort from His checed, if any fellowship with haRuach, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same checed, being united in thought and purpose. Do nothing out of rivalry or conceit, but in humility, considering each other better than yourself, each of you looking not to your own interest, but also to the interests of each other.

This attitude is to be among you, the same as it was in Yeshuwah haMashiyach, who, being in very nature 'Elohiym, did not consider equality with 'Elohiym something to be plundered, but made Himself empty, taking the very nature of a slave, becoming human in likeness. And being perceived as a human in external condition, He humbled Himself, becoming obedient until death – even death by a cross!

Therefore, 'Elohiym exalted Him to the highest place and gave to Him a Name above every name, that at the Name of Yeshuwah every knee will bow, in Shamayim and on ha'arets and those belonging to the place of departed napshiym, and every tongue will confess that Yeshuwah haMashiyach is YHWH to honor 'Elohiym, the Father.

Therefore, my dears, as you have always obeyed – not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence – work out your salvation with fear and trembling. For 'Elohiym is the One working in you, toward determination and action, according to His good will.

Do everything without grumbling or debate, so that you may be of tamiym and taher, children of 'Elohiym, without fault in a warped and perverted generation, among whom you shine as luminaries in the world, upholding Dbar- Chay – in order that I may boast on the day of the Messiah that I did not run or labor for nothing. But even if I am poured out as a libation upon the sacrifice and service coming from your 'emuwnah, I rejoice and congratulate all of you. So you too should be glad and congratulate me.

I expect, in the Lord Yeshuwah, to send Timothy to you soon, that I also may be cheered when I receive news about you. I have no one else like him, who takes a genuine interest in your welfare. For everyone looks out for his own interests, not those of Yeshuwah haMashiyach. But you know that he has proven himself, because he has served with me in the work of the Gospel as a son with his father. I hope, therefore, to send him as soon as I see how things go with me. And I am confident, in YHWH, that I myself will come soon.

But I think it is necessary to send back to you Epaphroditus, my brother, co-worker and compatriot, and yours, whom you sent to take care of my needs. For he longs for all of you and is distressed because you heard he was ill. Indeed he was ill, and almost died. But 'Elohiym had mercy on him, and not on him only but also on me, to spare me sorrow upon sorrow. 

Therefore, I am all the more eager to send him, so that when you see him again you may rejoice and I may have less sorrow. Welcome him in YHWH with great joy, and honor men like him, because he almost died for the work of the Messiah, risking his soul to make up for the help you could not give me.

Finally, my brothers, rejoice in YHWH! It is not troubling for me to write the same things to you again, and it is a safeguard for you.

Watch out for the dogs, those rasha`iym, those mutilators of the flesh. For it is we who are of the circumcision – we who serve by Ruach ha'Elohiym, who rejoice in Yeshuwah haMashiyach, and who put no confidence in the flesh – though I myself have reasons for such confidence.

If anyone else thinks he has reasons to put confidence in the flesh, I have more, being circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Yisra'el, of the tribe of Binyamiyn, an 'Ibriy among 'Ibriyiym; in regard to the Torah, a Pharisee; in regard to zeal, persecuting the Qahal; in regard to tsdaqah in the Torah, above reproach.

But whatever was profitable to me I consider a detriment, because of the Messiah. What is more, I consider everything a detriment compared to the excellency of the da`ath of Yeshuwah haMashiyach, my Lord, for whose sake I have considered everything else detrimental. I consider them dung, that I may gain the Messiah and be found in Him, not having self-righteousness from the Torah, but through 'emuwnah in the Messiah, the tsdaqah of 'Elohiym based on 'emuwnah, to know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in His sufferings, becoming like Him in His death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been consummated, but I press on to take hold of that for which Yeshuwah haMashiyach took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do. Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward a goal – the prize of the high calling of 'Elohiym in Yeshuwah haMashiyach.

All of us who are mature will take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too 'Elohiym will make clear to you. Only, according to where we are, let us live like-minded.

Following my example, brothers, and take note of those who live this way, as we are your example. For, as I have often told you before and now say again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of the Messiah. Their destiny is destruction, their god is their own heart, and their worship is in their shame. Their mind is on worldly things. But our citizenship is in Shamayim. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Yeshuwah haMashiyach, who will transform the body of our humiliation, conforming it to the body of His, Kabowd, according to the power whereby He is able to subject all things to Himself.

Therefore, my brothers, you for whom I have checed and long for, my joy and crown, that is how you stand firm in YHWH, you for whom I have checed!

I plead with Euodia and I plead with Syntyche to agree with each other in YHWH. Yes, and I ask you, Syzygus, faithful one, to help those who have contended at my side in the cause of the Gospel, along with Clement and the rest, my fellow workers whose names are in the Cepher haChayiym.

Rejoice in YHWH always. I will say it again Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all men. YHWH is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with grateful language, present your requests to 'Elohiym. And the shalom of 'Elohiym, which surpasses all understanding, will protect your thoughts and your attitudes in Yeshuwah haMashiyach.

Finally, brothers, whatever is revealed, whatever is revered, whatever is of Qadowsh, whatever is taher, whatever is acceptable, whatever is towbah – if any of you is virtuous or praiseworthy, think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard or seen in me – put it into practice. And the 'Elohiym of Shalom will be with you.
I rejoice greatly in YHWH, that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know how to be humbled, and I know how to be in abundance. I am taught how to be satiated and hungry, to be abounding and lacking, at the same time. I can do all things by the One who empowers me.

Yet it was good of you to share in my troubles. Moreover, as you Philippians know, in the early days of the Gospel, when I set out from Macedonia, not one congregation shared with me in the matter of giving and receiving, except you only; for even when I was in Thessalonica, you sent me aid twice when I was in need. Not that I am looking for a gift, but I am looking for the fruit that will be credited to your account. But, I have everything and even more; I am satiated, now that I have received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent. They are a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, well-pleasing to 'Elohiym. And my 'Elohiym will meet all your needs according to His riches found in Kabowd, Yeshuwah haMashiyach.

Now, to our 'Elohiym and Father, the Kabowd will be forever and always. Amen.

Greet every one of the qadoshiym in Yeshuwah haMashiyach. The brothers who are with me send greetings. All the qadoshiym send you greetings, especially those who belong to Caesar's household.

The grace of the Lord, Yeshuwah haMashiyach, is within your nephesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment