Paul, a shalach of Yeshuwah haMashiyach by the will of 'Elohiym, according to the promise of life that is in Yeshuwah haMashiyach, to Timothy, beloved son:
Grace, checed and shalom from 'Elohiym the Father and Yeshuwah haMashiyach our Lord.
I thank 'Elohiym, whom I serve as my forefathers did, with a clear conscience, as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers. Recalling your tears, I long to see you, so that I may be filled with joy. I have been reminded of your unfeigned 'emuwnah, which first lived in your grandmother Loidi and in your mother Eunike and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also. For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of 'Elohiym, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For 'Elohiym did not give us a nephesh of cowardice, but of power, of checed and of self-control.
So do not be ashamed of ha`Eduwth, our Lord, or ashamed of me, His prisoner. But suffer hardship for the Gospel by the power of 'Elohiym, the One has saved us and called us with a Divine calling – not because of anything we have done but because of His own will and grace, given us in Yeshuwah haMashiyach before the beginning of time. But it has now been revealed through the appearance of our Savior, Yeshuwah haMashiyach, who has rendered Maveth worthless, bringing life and immortality to light through the Gospel, for which I was appointed a herald and a shalach and a teacher. I am also suffering because of these things. Yet I am not ashamed, because I know Whom I have trusted, and am convinced that He is my Ne’eman to hold onto until that day.
Keep a pattern of sound doctrine, which you have heard from me, with 'emuwnah and checed in Yeshuwah haMashiyach. Guard the sacred trust of Towbah through the Ruach haQodesh, who lives in us.
You know that everyone in the province of Asia has turned away from me, including Phygellus and Hermogenes.
YHWH will show mercy to the house of Onesiphorus, because he often refreshed me and was not ashamed of my fetters. On the contrary, when he was in Rome, he searched hard for me until he found me. The Lord will grant that he will find mercy from YHWH in that Day! You know very well in how many ways he helped me in Ephesus.
You then, my child, be empowered by the grace that is in Yeshuwah haMashiyach. And the things you have heard me say through many witnesses entrust to trustworthy men who will also be competent to teach others. So, endure hardship as a worthy tsaba' of Yeshuwah haMashiyach.
No one serving as a soldier gets involved in civilian affairs – he wants to please his commanding officer. Similarly, if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not receive a crown unless he competes according to the rules. The hardworking farmer should be the first to receive a share of the crops. Consider what I am saying, for YHWH will give you discernment in everything.
Remember Yeshuwah haMashiyach, raised from the dead and descended from Daviyd, according to my Gospel, for which I am suffering even to the point of being chained like a criminal. But the Word of 'Elohiym is not bound. Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the chosen ones, that they too may attain salvation in Yeshuwah haMashiyach, to be with Kabowd forever.
Here is a trustworthy saying:
For, if we died with Him, we will also co-survive with Him;
If we persevere, we will be co-regent with Him.
If we reject Him, He will also reject us;
If we are untrustworthy, He will remain Ne'eman, for He cannot contradict Himself.
Remind them of these things, solemnly testifying to them, before YHWH, against quarreling about words, for it is of no value, and only subverts those who listen. Make every effort to prove yourself to 'Elohiym, a workman unashamed, correctly expounding Dbar-'Emeth. Shun worldly, fruitless discussion, because those who indulge in it will become more and more impious. Their teaching will consume them like gangrene. Among them are Hymeneus and Philetus, who have deviated from the truth, claiming that the resurrection has already taken place, and they subvert the 'emuwnah of some. Nevertheless, the firm foundation of 'Elohiym remains, having this seal: "YHWH knows those who are His," and, "Everyone who calls on the Name of YHWH will turn away from risha`."
Now, in a large house there are things not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and earth; some are valuable and some not. If anyone purges himself from this, he will be a valuable instrument, set apart and useful to the Master, being prepared for any good work.
Flee the desires of youth and pursue tsdaqah, 'emuwnah, checed and shalom with those who call on YHWH out of a pure heart. Refuse to have anything to do with absurd and unlearned questions, because you know they produce controversy. And a servant of YHWH will not quarrel; instead, he will be kind to everyone, able to teach patiently, gently instructing those who oppose him, in the hope that 'Elohiym will grant them repentance leading to da`ath of ha'Emeth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of haSatan, who has taken them captive to do his will.
But be aware of this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be selfish, avaricious, boastful, arrogant, blasphemers, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, rasha`iym, without affection for family, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of 'Elohiym – having a form of piety but denying the power of it. Have nothing to do with them.
They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over foolish women, who are loaded down with chatta'ah and are driven by all kinds of desires, always learning but never coming to da`ath of ha'Emeth. Just as Iannes and Iambres opposed Mosheh, so also these men oppose ha'Emeth – men of depraved minds, rejected with regard to 'emuwnah. But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.
You, however, have closely followed my teaching on manner of life, purpose, 'emuwnah, patience, checed, perseverance, persecutions, and sufferings – things that happened to me in Antioch, Iconium and Lystra. What persecutions I endured! Yet YHWH delivered me out of all of them. In fact, everyone who wants to live a pious life in Yeshuwah haMashiyach will be persecuted, while evil men and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. But, as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know from whom you learned it, and how from a babe you have acknowledged the Divine Scriptures, which are able to make you of chakmiym, to salvation through 'emuwnah in Yeshuwah haMashiyach. All Scripture is given by nshamah of 'Elohiym and is useful for teaching, reproving, correcting and training in tsdaqah, that the servant of 'Elohiym will be prepared to finish completely every good work.
Solemnly witness in the Presence of 'Elohiym and Yeshuwah haMashiyach, the One who will judge the chayiym and the dead, and in view of His appearing and His Mamlahkah. Preach the Word! Be prepared in season and out of season; correct, warn and encourage – with great patience and instruction. For there will come a time when men will not put up with the sound doctrines. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. And, they will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. But you, be discreet in everything, endure hardship, do the work of a preacher of the Gospel, fulfill your service.
For I am already being poured out, and the time has come for my departure. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have held fast to 'emuwnah. Now there is in store for me the crown of a tsaddiyq, which YHWH, the tsedeq Judge, will give me on that Day – and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for His Advent.
Hurry to come to me quickly, for Demas, because he loved this world, has deserted me and has gone to Thessalonica. Crescens has gone to Galatia, and Titus to Dalmatia. Only Luke is with me. Get Mark and bring him with you, because he is helpful to me in service. I sent Tychicus to Ephesus. When you come, bring the cloak that I left with Carpus at Troas, and the scrolls, especially the parchments.
Alexander the metalworker did me a great deal of harm. YHWH will repay him according to what he has done. You too should be on your guard against him, because he strongly opposed our message.
At my first defense, no one came to my support, but everyone deserted me. May it not be held against them. But YHWH stood with me and empowered me, so that through me the preaching could be fully carried out and all the gentiles could hear it. And I was delivered from the lion's mouth. YHWH will rescue me from every wicked act and will save me for His Mamlahkah in Shamayim. To Him is the honor forever and ever. Amen.
Greet Priska and Akulas and the house of Onesiphorus. Erastus stayed in Corinth, and I left Trophimus sick in Miletus. Hurry to get here before winter. Eubulus greets you, and so do Pudens, Linus, Claudia and all the brothers.
YHWH is with your nephesh. Grace is with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment