Sunday, September 11, 2011

Letter of the zaqen, Yochanan, to Gaio.


The zaqen, to Gaio the beloved, whom I have checed for in ha‘Emeth.

Beloved, I hope that you are well and enjoy good health, even as your nephesh does well, because it gave me great joy to have some brothers come and testify of you in ha’Emeth and how you continue to live in ha‘Emeth. I have no greater joy than to hear that my converts are walking in ha’Emeth.

Beloved of Ne’eman, you do whatever, for whomever, working for the brothers, even though they are strangers to you. They have testified you are in Chacad before the congregation. You will do well to send them on their way in a manner worthy of ‘Elohiym. It was for the sake of His Name that they went out, receiving no help from the gentiles. Therefore, we should show hospitality to such men so that we may work together in ha’Emeth.

I wrote to the congregation, but Diotrephes, who loves to be first among them, will have nothing to do with us. So if I come, I will call attention to what he is doing, preaching against us with malicious words. Not satisfied with that, he refuses to welcome the brothers. He also stops those who want to do so and puts them out of the congregation.
Beloved, do not imitate the Rasha`, but haTowb. Anyone who does good is of ‘Elohiym, but anyone who does ra`ah has not seen ‘Elohiym. 

Demetrius is well spoken of by everyone--and even by ha’Emeth Himself. We also speak well of him, and you know that our testimony is true.

I have much to write you, but I do not want to do so with pen and ink. I hope to see you soon, and we will talk face to face.

Shalom to you. 

The friends here send their greetings. 

Greet the friends there by name.

No comments:

Post a Comment