These are the "Ten Commandments," the moral instruction for Mamlahket haShamayim, written on tablets of stone:
DT 10:3 So I made the Ark out of acacia wood and chiseled out two stone tablets like the first ones, and I went up on the mountain with the two tablets in my hands. YHWH wrote on these tablets what he had written before, the `Aseret haDbariym He had proclaimed to you on the mountain, out of the fire, on the day of the assembly. And YHWH gave them to me. Then I came back down the mountain and put the tablets inside the Ark I had made, as YHWH commanded me, and they are there now.
This is the "law of Mosheh." It was written on a scroll in his hand and regulated the priesthood, sacrifices, rituals, meat and drink offerings, etc., all of which foreshadowed the cross:
DT 31:24 After Mosheh finished writing in a book the words of this instruction from beginning to end, he gave this command to the Leviy'im, who carried the Ark of the Briyth- YHWH: "Take this scroll of the Torah and place it in the side the Ark of the Briyth of YHWH, your 'Elohiym. There it will remain as a witness against you."
As we see, there are two things placed with the Ark. One is a man-written scroll, but the other is tablets of stone written on by the hand of 'Elohiym. We also see they were set in different places. The tablets are IN the Ark, while the scroll was set IN THE SIDE OF the Ark. No one ever looked in the Ark. The purpose for setting the scroll in the side of the Ark was to give the Kohen haGadowl access to the instructions for the priesthood.
When the ten commandments were first spoken out of the fire on the mountain the people freaked, and said, (quoted by God in Deut 18):16:
ReplyDelete" 'Let me not hear again the voice of the LORD my God, neither let me see this great fire any more, that I die not.'
17And the LORD said unto me (Moses), They have well spoken that which they have spoken.
18I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
19And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him."
Thus Moses' prophecy of the Messiah was prompted by the Israelites who were afraid to be around God.