Sunday, June 26, 2011

There are three baptisms for the people of God...

Mattithyahuw 3:11 I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me will come One who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. He will baptize you with the Ruach haQodesh and with fire.

This baptism in fire is what Solomon calls "remove the dross."

Mashlim 25:4 Remove the dross from the silver, and out comes a refined vessel; remove the wicked things from the King's Presence, and His Throne will be established through righteousness. Do not exalt yourself in the King's Presence, and do not claim a place among great men; it is better for him to say to you, "Come up here," than for him to humiliate you before a noble man who has seen your affliction.

Isaiah calls it "purge away your dross" and "remove all your impurities."

Ysha`yahuw 1:25 I will turn My hand against you; I will thoroughly purge away your dross and remove all your impurities.

John tells us this.

1Yochanan 1:8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Believers must be purified with fire. We will no longer sin, or we are impure and the pot is marred upon the wheel. [Yirmyahuw 18:1-10] 

 
The baptism with fire occurs when we give up everything in this world and become nothing to it. Then, God can use us. 



Yeshua did that in the desert, after His baptism with water and the Ruach haQodesh. He is the example for every believer to emulate.


The baptism of fire is discipleship. It is submitting to discipline. It is being tested again and again and again, until the fire has hardened the believer for His work.

No comments:

Post a Comment